PSI PR Tech HowToPlay
<root> <div class='right_side_navigation' style='width:156px;position:fixed;bottom:50px;background-color:#efefef;border-color:#bbbbbb;border-width:1pt;border-style:solid;padding:1px 2px;font-size:8pt;text-align:center;filter:alpha(opacity=90);-moz-opacity: 0.9;opacity: 0.9;'> Navigation (PSI)<br> Hauptseite (alt)<br> Hauptseite (Endspurt)<br> recent changes<br> Alle Seiten
What is Interactive Fiction / IF?
Taken from Wikipedia - Interactive Fiction:
Interactive fiction, often abbreviated IF, describes software simulating environments in which players use text commands to control characters and influence the environment. Works in this form can be understood as literary narratives and as video games. In common usage, the term refers to text adventures, a type of adventure game where the entire interface is text only.
Some basics about IF-games
Type simple imperative statements (commands) to tell the program what you want to do.
>look (describe area) >examine lantern >n (go north) >go in >exit >take apple >i (for inventory -- list all the things you are carrying) >put lime in coconut >show flower to Ariel >tell Othello about handkerchief >Juliet, drop the dagger
You will not be allowed to do everything you ask, but the author/programmer has tried to predict what you will try to do. If you are stuck, just ask yourself what you would do if you were really in the situation the text describes.
- Take everything that isn't nailed down.
- Examine things that are mentioned in the room description. (If the computer says it doesn't know an object, you might try a synonym, or you might conclude the object is unimportant.)
- Open, search, or enter objects.
How to play this game?
There are various ways to play this game. You can play it online or you can download the game and play it on your computer.
You can connect to gehört unser Server dann rein via Telnet and play the game. Another possibility to play, is through Parchment and your Webbrowser. You are able to access the game dann eine richtige URL rein|here
After installing the sofware on your computer please download PlatoState.zcode and open it with your new installed IF-player.
Have a lot of fun!
- Please go to http://ccxvii.net/gargoyle/ and download the latest version of Gargoyle Interactive Fiction Player and follow the installer to install.
- Please go to http://ccxvii.net/spatterlight/ and download the latest version of Spatterlight. Download and open the .dmg file and drop the spatterlight icon to your program-folder in Finder.